Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
Mash beetroots until slightly smooth, leaving some pieces still chunky.
Melt chocolate in microwave, cover bowl with cling film and place on low for approximately 1 minute.
Remove chocolate from microwave and stir to ensure that all is melted.
In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, sugar and oil together.
Slowly add beetroot, melted chocolate and vanilla to the egg mixture.
Stir well to combined, don't overwork mixture.
- Sift cacao into the beetroot mixture.
- Add almond meal, baking powder and salt to mixture.
- Fold everything together to combined.
- Line cake tin with baking powder and place mixture in.
- Bake for approximately 50 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted into middle of cake. (Baking times will vary depending on cake tin size and oven)
- We suggest when you make as muffins use muffin patty pans.
- Reserve water that you cook the beetroots in, (it will be bright red). Reuse water when cooking rice, lentils etc, as it will add a nice colour.
- Serve dusted with a little icing sugar and a dollop of with La Casa De Formaggio Mascarpone Cheese and a small drizzle our Illalangi Caramelised wattle seed balsamic.
Recipe from: www.thenutritionguruandthechef.com/2013/03/01/healthy-chocolate-beetroot-cake/