- Place whole oranges (unpeeled) into a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 150°C and grease and flour a round cake tin.
- Drain the oranges. Place them in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Put the orange, eggs, honey, almond meal, pistachios and baking powder in a large bowl (we used a food processor)and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the mixture into cake tin and bake in oven for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool before removing from tin.
Gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free! Makes one large cake or you can make into smaller cake. This cake freezes well.