- Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line a 23cm spring form pan with baking paper.
- Add the rosemary to the olive oil and let it infuse.
- Use an electric hand mixer to whisk the eggs and sugar for ten minutes, until they have tripled in volume.
- Wash the orange, cut it into segments and remove seeds. Put it in a food processor or blender and puree.
- Add the olive oil mixture to the orange puree.
- Starting with some of the dry ingredients, alternate folding the polenta, almond meal and baking powder and the orange and olive oil into the eggs and sugar. Finish folding with the rest of the dry ingredients.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Sprinkle the top with flaked almonds.
- Bake for 1 hour, until golden brown on top and a sides and a stick from the centre emerges with crumbs.
- Cool on a cooling rack.
Cake is better served a day after it's baked. Serve with ice cream or yoghurt. Serves 6-8.
Recipe adapted from: http://www.eatori.com/2013/02/orange-olive-oil-polenta-and-rosemary-cake.