ILLALANGI PRESERVED LEMONS AND LIMES July 10 2015
Where else in Australia would you expect to find the best preserved lemons or limes, but in the Riverland of South Australia. So whenever a recipe needs a lift you’ll find the addition of Illalangi Preserved Lemons or Limes diced or sliced add a citrus zing to whatever you are cooking.
Here are some simple ideas for using our preserved lemons and limes:
- Add finely diced slices to mayonnaise, aioli or yoghurt and serve with lamb, fish or vegetables.
- Add finely diced to stuffing for chicken and lamb roasts.
- Chop up and add minced garlic and extra virgin olive oil, and brush over roast meats or as a marinade.
- Add diced to couscous with currants, parsley, mint and coriander.
- Add whole or in pieces, to Mediterranean roasted vegetables.
- Make a salad with chopped, flat leaf parsley, black olives, diced red onion, slivers of preserved lemon/lime and olive oil.
- Add to salad dressings and marinades for a little extra zing.