Where else in Australia would you expect to find the best preserved lemons or limes, but in the Riverland of South Australia. So whenever a recipe needs a lift you’ll find the addition of Illalangi Preserved Lemons or Limes diced or sliced add a citrus zing to whatever you are cooking.
Here are some simple ideas for using our preserved lemons and limes:
- Add finely diced slices to mayonnaise, aioli or yoghurt and serve with lamb, fish or vegetables.
- Add finely diced to stuffing for chicken and lamb roasts.
- Chop up and add minced garlic and extra virgin olive oil, and brush over roast meats or as a marinade.
- Add diced to couscous with currants, parsley, mint and coriander.
- Add whole or in pieces, to Mediterranean roasted vegetables.
- Make a salad with chopped, flat leaf parsley, black olives, diced red onion, slivers of preserved lemon/lime and olive oil.
- Add to salad dressings and marinades for a little extra zing.